BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Madea Goes To jail

Generally I am not a big movie goer. The whole scene usually turns me off. You pay $9.00 to listen to other people talk through the whole movie, while they have their dirty shoes on the head rest of the seat in front of them (eeewww), catch up on the latest ring tones and etc. On Friday the 20th I went to see Tyler Perry's Madea Goes To Jail. Ha- freaking larious! I was presently suprised because even though I loved the play the trailer for the movie I saw before his film The Family That Preys (also amazing) looked like the same old, same old. This movie is a must see it will have you in stitches, stomping your feet and holding your side because your ribs will hurt so much from laughing. The show down between Madea and Dr. Phil Mc Graw is not to be missed. Also appearing in the film Keisha Knight Pullihum (Rudy from the Cosby show), Judge Maybeline (of course) and Judge Greg Mathis (love him). I also, since I am a child of the 80's had to see Friday the 13th. I knew it would be bad, it was beyond bad. Do not waste your time at all viewing this film. Now being the Mac addict that I am, I had to see Confessions of a Shopaholic. LOL. To be quite honest initially I had no intentions of ever viewing this film. It looked from the trailer like The Devil Wears Prada which I found to be ridiculously overrated. But when I heard that Patricia Field the stylist for Sex and the City was the stylist for Isla Fischers character I was like sold. LOL. The fashion was wicked awesome but the movie not so much. I read a review that said it was on the typical , cheesy unrealistic side but that it was cute and sweet so I went. I would pass on it. I found the first part of the description to be true. I saw that Push was showing. I could not for the life of me remember where I had heard about it but today I remeber that it is the film where comedian Monique plays a female pedophile who violates her own daughter. It is her darkest role and it is suppose to be an Oscar buzz performance so I will definately be watching that on Tuesday. Until next time....

0 comments: