BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Deck The Hauls

Anyone who is my friend on Myspace knows I couldn't wait to buy Barbie loves Stila. I saw several youtube tutorials that made me want to check it out. I know it came out within the last few weeks but I was unable to find it at Ulta. I will have to try Sephora. While scanning my Ulta ad I noticed the "Ulta" mate Stila set for $40.00. This is a really good deal considering , one Stila shadow runs $18.00. The set includes four eyeshadows as follows: Kitten, Golightly, Wheat and Mystic. A convertible color in Peony. It's best selling tinted moisturizer, major lash mascara in black and a lip glaze in "Ulta" mate pink an Ulta exclusive. It has been several years since I have purchased Stila eyeshadow. I liked the color in the past but not it's staying power. I have however purchsed several quality shadow bases that I will be trying underneath it. I will keep you posted on how it works for me. I am however a fan of their lipglazes.


I have also seen several product reviews on L'OREAL De-Crease and every youtube guru swears by Urban Decay Primer Potion. I recently came across a review where someone used both these products and then no base and they made the colors look so much more vibrant. The most vibrant by far was the one with UDPP underneath but it is always good to have a cheaper version if it works well because UDPP runs $16.00 and De-Crease was half that at $8.00. While browsing my Ulta ad I also noticed that Urban Decay has developed a new Cream shadow and the colors are super vibrant. The ad claims it does not crease or flake so I will try this out. The most vibrant in my opinion is an emerald money green called Grass so that is the one I purchased. I also purchased a Stila shadow in Diamond Lil. Two of my idols are Sam Fime and Iman. I know he rountinely made up Imans eyes using the Stila color Twig (the old Twig). It was a shimmery Sienna color it is currently a shimmery Garnet color (I hate it). But Diamond Lil was the closest I have found to it and I figured it would look good with the colors in the Mate set. I also picked up a H.I.P. eye crayon in black ( I have been wanting it forever). Ulta is apparently following Sephora's lead and giving out free items after you get so many points on your Ulta card (I don't have many). I did however have enough to get myself a free Ulta lipliner in Mocha (I love it already LOL). Prior to that I stopped by Sally's and picked up some new individual eyelashes (I prefer them over the ones with the band) and new Tweezerman tweezers for my brows.

Prior to all this collateral damage(LOL) I had to stop by Walgreens; and they had H.I.P. on BOGO. Usually I only buy H.I.P. on BOGO because at around $12.00 per item that is quite expensive for a drug store brand. If I am going to pay MAC prices I would rather go to MAC. I am also a Pro member so except when H.I.P. is on BOGO ,MAC is actually cheaper for me. The Ulta ad I had was actually from the week of Valentines day and they had H.I.P. on BOGO. This was the first time I had seen it on Bogo there and it carries the eye crayons because although Walgreens occasionally has it on BOGO they don't have the Crayons. Wal-Mart has everything but never BOGO. Unfortunately for me the ad was expired ;but I was glad to see it on BOGO at Walgreens. Since they came out a few months ago I have been wanting to try the new lipglosses with two colors Color Presso; but the $12.00 cost was a bit much for me but on BOGO that makes them $6.00 a piece(works for me). I got two colors Ritzy and Spunky. I also picked up two Cream Eyeliners because I like to wear the as a base underneath my shadows in Teal and Midnight Blue. Until we meet again..... Don't forget to follow me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT HAUL!GIRL!!=)
CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU REVIEW ON THE BICH SLAP!!HAHA COOL NAME!!THEY ARE SOOOOO PRITTY AND EYE CATCHING.KEEP UP THE GREAT HAUL'S,AND I'LL BE LOOKING FOR THAT REVIEW!!SWATCHES TOO PLEASE!!=)

MzPebbz said...

ahhhhhhhh cant wait to see some looks with bitch slap!!!!!! i actually just ordered a color wheel this week....i had made a order earlier this week including a eyeshadow ,a blush, and a pigment, but then they emailed me and told me that the eyeshadow was on back order, so they said they would refund me for it....... after that i just decided to get a color wheel, so i made another order....but im stil waiting on both...